Ex Patria Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cosmin
Trial
Trial

LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only) Empty
PostSubject: LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)   LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:38 am

it stands for League Of Legends and it's basicly a stand-alone dota game.
Of course u don't have the casual orcs/elves/humans, but yeah, there's crapload of toons u can play, each of em with their individual stats and 4 unique abilities.
Items crafting system is the same as what u had @ WoW, they simply have different looks and effects. The idea stays, u buy cheap and u upgrade into BFGs.

U start with 0 heroes, which u can later buy em via Influence Points. U earn IP by playing games, which can be Practice games or Normal. While U can leave a Practice game at any moment (which, btw, doesn't bring u too many IP or XP), normal games cannot be left. If u leave/ qui client/ disconnect, once u log back in to the loader, u have the option to reconnect to the game (if it's still in progress). While a game u started is still in progress, u cannot join a different game. That's quit cool, it makes them quitters look dump, since they can't do what they got used to @ DoTA.

So I was saying u earn xp and Influence Points every time u play (u also gain Mastery Points, which u can use to imbue some stats set on 3 tiers). Once u reached a certain amount of IP, u can check out the Store and buy champions. Some r cheap, some worth a lot. Once u bought a champ, u can use it every time u wanna play (unless it has already been picked by another player). They seem to be continously developing the game, as they fart new champs every now and then.
U can also buy skins and crap like that for fancy looks. Those r available only for donations, as they require RP (riot points) for purchase. If anyone cares, RP r cheap (altho, I would not waste real money on skins lol).

Back to the game, if u chose to play Normal games, your opponents will be in same lvl range, which is cute, right?
If u chose arranged game, then u can play with 1 up to 4 of your buddies on same team, depending on game type (3vs3 or 5vs5).

And... that's pretty much everything I had to say about it, for now.
I'm looking forward to meeting u on the US servers.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/
Back to top Go down
mayday
Elite
Elite
mayday

PostSubject: Re: LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)   LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:33 am

nice one!

i gave it a try and liked it very much! instant fun gameplay! xD
but i still suck at it Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)   LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 am

I see lot of xfire friends playing it this last days, maybe i'll give it a try...
Back to top Go down
https://expatria.forumotion.com
Epigram

Epigram

PostSubject: Re: LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)   LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 am

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
http://www.metadata.be/lg
Savage_Sab
Clan friend
Clan friend
Savage_Sab

PostSubject: Re: LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)   LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:07 pm

let's give it a shot, the only mmrpg ive played is mu xD
Back to top Go down
cosmin
Trial
Trial

PostSubject: Re: LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)   LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only) I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:36 am

i would not call it mmorpg, but it somehow keeps the funfactor at a high constant lvl, since u get instant action, unlike real mmorpgs like l2 or wow, where u gotto go thru farming before u reach the end game level, when u can eventually compete vs other players)

@ LoL, everybody starts with toons of same lvl, same gear. Team coordination and keyboard spam reflexes r the only factors which matter on your way to victory. Oh.. and knowing your opponent('s char) as well ^_^.

What i rly like about it is u can chose different ways of building your toon, adapt it on the fly vs your enemies, which gives u the feeling of nonlinear gameplay, altho every time u start a new match, it's the same scenario (which has the same goal/ending).

I don't recall being so fond of a game, even tho LoL is not brilliant at all and has yet to be complete, as a few bugs r present ingame. Hope i'll get over it soon enough (lol), but meanwhile, find me in game as YlfaQhaad, if u care to join me @ arranged matches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)   LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LoL (for dota fanboiz and not only)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ex Patria Clan :: General :: Gaming-
Jump to: